Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Alex Grey


Last week I received a book that I ordered through an eBay store entitled Transfigurations by visionary artist Alex Grey. I've only had the book a week and I can't help but pick it up from time to time to gaze in awe of the tremendous art contained therein.

For those of you unfamiliar with the work of Alex Grey, he was the artist responsible for the mind-blowing cover art for the latest Tool album Lateralus, which featured anatomically based art painted on acetate overlays sort of like you would find in an anatomy textbook, but with a more spiritual slant to the various layers. That album cover was the first exposure that I had to the work of Alex Grey and since then I have been raving about his unique sense of style.

Anyway, I thought that I would take this opportunity to tell you that the price you would pay for Transfigurations is well worth it. Ordering it through a Canadian bookstore can get kind of pricey so it might be best to hunt for it online like I did. I had been looking for a good bargain on this book for quite some time so, naturally, it was a tremendous relief to find it and to find it at a cost that could afford.

I know that looking at the cover to the book won't really convince many of you out there unfamiliar with Alex Grey so what I will do is pass along a link to his website, which shows you some prime examples of what his work looks like. Make sure you take a peek at the Progress Of The Soul series as well as the Sacred Mirrors. Here's it the link.

Click Here.

It's only a couple more days before I head down to Cow Town for the big poetry event happening this weekend as well as to party with some of my Calgarian friends once again (I can never do that enough). If my posts get sporadic for a little bit here it's because I'm fine tuning some of the pieces that I plan on reading at Pages Books. For now enjoy Alex Grey.

No comments: