Wednesday, October 05, 2005

As Though You Could Possibly Have Anything Better To Do

The inaugural Roar On 24th is set to take Edmonton by storm this coming Saturday, October 8, 2005.

For those of you who will be in the Edmonton area on Saturday you should definitely make your way down to the 124th street area of the city and check out what dozens of the finest poets in Canada, maybe even the world, have to offer. Events for the festival kick off at 12:30 p.m. and should continue throughout the day and well in Sunday morning, when many of the rowdier poets will finally find their way home in the back of taxi cabs or squad cars. Maybe even jail. Yikes.

If you're wondering what part I have to play in all of this I am named among the ranks of my fellow Raving Poets set to perform at the Raving Poets wind-up party. I just got an email from Thomas Trofimuk with what kind of performance this is shaping up to be and, without spoiling the surprise, I'll go on record as saying I've never read poetry the way that we are going to read poetry that night. It'll be interesting feat of literary prowess.

Now you're probably saying out loud, But Michael, you go on and on about all this shit about poems and poets and people getting arrested or having sex in alleyways and in abandoned shopping carts, but you really having given us any specific itinerary of what's going to happen on Saturday or where, other than a vague description of the 124th Street area. That's why you should really check out The Roar On 24th website for all the details. In case you missed the underlined text, thinking that it was just funny colored, it's a link, dummy, click it and read all the shit that you have to read. The details are all there in plain black and white and I don't have to go through all the hassle of copying and pasting and then worrying if Thomas Trofimuk can sue me for copyright infringement for reposting his written material. I'm a legal hot potato that way.

Also, welcome back Mike Gravel. It's good to have you back in E-Town, where it suddenly returned to it's normal level of coolness. You'd be surprised how uncool this place is when you go out traveling.

And, before I forget, congratulations Jordan on your impending admittance to the Bar.

Fuck, can I pander or can I pander?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd respond by posting a "thanks" for the congrats, but I'm not about to endure the pain of another word verification.

Michael said...

Bwahahahahahahaha! I did all of that just so you'd have to go through the rigamarole of the word verification. Sucker!

Anonymous said...

who knew poems could get so crazy? Not Margaret Atwood thats for sure.